The Fort Bend Association of Parents for Academic Excellence has been advocating for Gifted & Talented learners since 1990. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) parent support and advocacy group in the Missouri City, Sugar Land, and Richmond, Texas area. Our center of attention is the appropriate education of all children, with a particular focus on gifted and talented children.
Formed in 1990, the purpose of PACE is to:
- promote and encourage academic excellence in the Fort Bend Independent School District, State of Texas, particularly the education of gifted and talented individuals, by supporting and encouraging new and existing activities significant to their education,
- provide a forum for the development of awareness of the educational needs of the gifted and talented,
- serve as an interchange of information on the subject of gifted and talented,
- develop cooperation with community and professional organizations,
- provide an organized "voice" for parents, teachers, administrators, school board members and others concerned with the educational, psychological and social needs of the gifted and talented.
If you believe a strong parent group can make a difference and want an opportunity to interact with other parents of gifted children, then PACE is an organization for you!
PACE is committed to working in a positive manner to:
- increase interest in academic excellence,
- encourage ongoing searches for new and innovative gifted programs,
- continue offering enriching and informative programs to parents and students to enhance the opportunities provided by the school district,
- act as a useful resource to anyone interested in more information about giftedness, the GT program in FBISD, TAGT, and other related subjects,
- facilitate an open dialog between students, parents, teachers, administrators (at the campus and district level), professionals and other appropriate entities.